Saturday, September 09, 2006

I started the book this afternoon. And while I'm not very far into it. I did want to blog a little bit.

I can't speak about the dark undertones. However, the beginning is a bit light with the description of the wedding. While reading about the celebration, it reminded me of the Greek festival I went to last night. Here's some text:

A charming informality was one of the characteristics of this celebration. The men wore their hats, or, if they wished, they took them off, and their coats with them; they ate when and where they pleased, and moved as often as they pleased. There were to be speeches and singing, but no one had to listen who did not care to; if he wished, meantime, to speak or sing himself, he was perfectly free. (p. 9)


The festivities last night were much the same. Formalities were secondary to enjoyment. The dancing and music was entertaining.

When planning my own wedding, I wanted to create this kind of atmosphere for my own guests. I hope I achieved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home